Friday, December 26, 2014

Yorkshire

Devon was interesting but I was very ready for a bigger town with more things to do, therefore I was excited to be heading for Yorkshire, home to some of Tash's relatives and once upon a time home to some of my own as well.

The first place we went I have unfortunately forgotten the name of, though it could have been Skipton. It had a beautiful castle and church, and a number of canals running through it. Tash and I posed in front of the impressive front gate of the castle.

 The church which was next door to the castle was also rather nice, and this unlike the castle was free so we ventured inside.


The inside was not hugely impressive, but it was still nice and as always, full of its own history.

We enjoyed a stroll beside the canals and it made for a very pretty and peaceful walk. Although it was a beautiful day it was very cold, and I remember clearly how we ate lunch in the car. Tash's aunt Jackie had made us each a lovely little packed lunch in lunch-boxes, complete with sandwiches, a little packet of crisps and some chocolate. I felt like I was a little kid again, it was lovely, and the sandwiches were excellent. We were well looked after!
The view of the boats on the canal and the houses alongside it as I walked over the bridge. It was extremely pretty. Now if only I could remember what the town was called!

No comments:

Post a Comment