Monday, December 15, 2014

Last day

Before I knew it, it was my last day. Time had flown past, Montpellier was a beautiful city and my family had been brilliant to me. I miss it already.

That day we went on an outing to a nearby town (the name of which I have unfortunately already forgotten). From the outskirts it was a large industrial port, however once in the town itself it was actually very pretty. The canal cut straight through the town and the apartments overlooked the calm water, I could easily imagine living there overlooking that view day by day. And clearly I wasn't the only one as Jean-Marc stopped numerous times to stare longingly at properties in passing real-estate windows.

We then went and looked at the sea wall on the outskirts of the town, it wasn't very windy but the sea was rough and the waves sprayed up high.

My favourite part of the evening was dinner, where not only did we have amazing food as usual and I was able to enjoy good company, but afterwards Jean-Marc decided to set things on fire (flambé!) showing exactly why he is my favourite uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment