Thursday, December 25, 2014

Devon

 We left London and headed by train down to Devon to stay with Tash's Great Aunt. The weather was cold but we were warmly welcomed into her home and soon made our little bedroom heater go full blast. Seaton, the little town we stayed in, was extremely small (and consequently there were a finite number of things to do) however the beautiful old church was certainly a highlight.  


The area itself was very swampy, the beaches were made of stones and I found the general area to be very bleak. Adding this to the fact that the only way to tell your house apart from the rest was by looking at the number on the door, it was not my cup of tea, but it was interesting and certainly not an experience I regret. Travelling, whether I love the new place or not, is always a learning experience, and always interesting. Not to mention there are always some things to love.


We went on a few day trips to nearby places that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of, however one of the highlights for me was this beautiful church.
 We found this cute little tea-shop well tucked away. It was lovely and cosy. The local beach in Seaton was also quite interesting, although you can't tell very well from the photo, something in the rocks made the sea turn red when it was windy like this, so the waves churned an eerie ochre colour all day.


This was my favourite picture that I took, although I don't know why.

The red sea and the red cliffs. Although it was a harsh landscape, it was also beautiful.

We discovered a cliff top walk with a huge garden and an interesting statue.

The houses here had hatched roofs which Tash and I both found amazing. We took many photos of them. From our cliffside walk we were presented with a lovely view of Seaton and the ochre sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment