Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Last Day: York

Our second trip to York was nice as we went and saw completely different things, beginning with this beautiful ruined abbey - courtesy of course of King Henry VIII. 

What was left was just stunning.

We passed the Cathedral again and I managed to take a better picture this time. Unfortunately after this I forgot to take pictures as we were in a bit of a rush and therefore although we spent most of the afternoon walking through the city and - most importantly - wandering the Shambles (a beautiful medieval street in York) I didn't manage to get any photos except what was in my prior post on York which does showcase the Shambles a little. 

We also walked around the old wall that surrounded York which was beautiful.

Tash and I sitting on the old wall, above my head you can just see the old arrow slits. 

We had to get up crazy early the next morning to catch our bus back to London, but at least we saw a beautiful sunrise!

Tash saying goodbye to her Great-Aunt's dogs. They were very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment