Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Botanical Gardens

The next day I got up bright and early determined to see the gardens that my Lonely Planet guide had told me about. Apparently they had been used for medical research since the 1700s by the University of Medicine - and they are still used to this day! 


I barely saw another person about, the gardens were huge and serene and very pretty.

I ended up feeling like I had wandered into the book the 'Secret Garden'.

I could however only spend so long wandering the gardens by myself without getting bored, so I soon headed off to find the church Lonely Planet had told me about.

 After admiring the architecture and cobbled streets for a time, I lost myself in another part of the city, wandering past statues and fountains to my hearts content.

No comments:

Post a Comment