Monday, December 15, 2014

The Amazon

After a delightful meander around the many pastry shops and being tempted by all of them, I made my way to back to the Zoo to visit it's neighbor the Amazon. It was a very long way in the drizzling rain uphill, but it turned out to be worth it.

The horrendous spider that I could barely even take a picture of being running off in horror.

There were some amazing lizards and creatures I had never even heard of before. They didn't move around much but they were certainly interesting.

The only creature I didn't manage to lay eyes on which made me extremely sad because look how cute it looks!!

My interest in seeing the Amazon itself for real waned ever so slightly when I realized that pretty much every animal on display was deadly, poisonous or at least rather dangerous. Fun times. It didn't stop it being really interesting though, it was extremely humid with lush plants all around and a waterfall falling through the center, there were rope bridges and streams as well. It wasn't only a zoo with exhibits, but an emulation of the entire habitat of the Amazon itself, it was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment