Thursday, September 25, 2014

Workaway

The next day I took the train headed for Villefranche de Rouergue and Shyla took her flight to L.A.
It was a long but pretty train ride and I reached my destination late in the afternoon where I was met without problem by the 'workaway' family. Workaway is a cheap way to spend longer overseas as you get free food and board in exchange for 5 hours of work every day. It does unfortunately not leave you much of the day when you finish at three in the afternoon every day and are forty minutes away from the nearest town (by car!) but at least it's budget. 

I did a number of various handyman jobs for the elderly couple within the next few days, from weeding the garden, to painting a shed, to staining a table. 

My room is somewhat dark but it's private and my bed is super comfy.

The actual farmhouse we live in was once a cattle barn and has been renovated although in a very 80s style. The original structure however is about 200 years old so that's quite cool. It has the typical architecture of the region, Aveyron.


No comments:

Post a Comment