Tuesday, June 2, 2015

St Patricks Day and the approach of Summer

Saint Patrick's Day in Valencia was a bigger affair than I expected; Emma and I decided to go out for a token Guinness and the streets were full of people in tall green top hats! The Irish pubs of Valencia (of which there are surprisingly quite a few) were of course packed, however we managed to squish ourselves into 'Finnegans' for a pint.

With the weather becoming hotter and hotter I spent my weekends lying in the park enjoying the sunshine (and often the shade due to the heat!) and having park picnics with Emma. 

One of the highlights of Spain for me was going with Emma and Alix - two of my teacher friends- to a local football match! Valencia vs. Alicante (The neighboring city) meant there were supporters for both sides. There was chanting, flag waving and rude gestures coming from every direction, it was awesome. We of course supported Valencia, and we won! It was an exciting match with Valencia scoring a goal in the last minute of the game, causing our area in the stands to go completely mental! 

I also finally made it to the beach, only fifteen minutes away by tram, it seemed ridiculous that it took me over three months! It was a very long beach, but it was busy too. The water was freezing at that time of year so we only paddled. I enjoyed the trip but the wind constantly blew sand in my face (I was washing sand out of my ears for days!) and it was too busy and big for me. Give me a tranquil beach in New Zealand or a cove in Greece any day.

More culinary delights were had of course. Emma and I discovered our favourite bar 'Meeting Point' where pints were only a euro and tapas weren't much more. 
Chocolate and Cream crepes for 1.50? Yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment