Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Goodbye Picnic in the Park

For my last weekend in Valencia I organized a BBQ/Picnic in the park to see all my friends. It was a beautiful day, 32 Degrees and very sunny. We found a nice spot in the shade in the park and Alix (much to her dismay) became captain of the barbecue.  
 

The only problem with portable BBQs is their propensity to shoot fire for the first ten minutes before it dies down. We felt rather conspicuous. I don't know if barbecues were allowed in the park, but we didn't get in any trouble so it was fine regardless. 


It was a lovely afternoon, we had rigged up balloons to feel partyish and lay in the shade eating hot sausages and a lovely antipasto feast (I love Spain) and drinking cold beer.

 Many pictures were taken, some of which we had no idea were happening!

 And some of which people were all too aware (one can clearly see Phillip posing in the background) 

We also spent the afternoon teaching Portia to ride a bike for the first time (by 'we' I meant I watched and gave moral support) 

And finally we cut into the double chocolate layered monster cake I made. Yum.


Overall it was a fantastic day, and a brilliant way to celebrate my time in Spain. I know I'll miss it, but hopefully I will be back! And I have many photographs and memories and new friends to appreciate my time in Valencia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment