Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hello England!

On Thursday early in the morning I caught the metro (actually very easy, a ten minute walk from my house, then hop on line 3 or 5 and it takes you straight to the airport!) although there were long annoying lines of people I eventually made it on board and left Spain behind. It felt so surreal and strange to be leaving! Before I knew it the green of England was spread out below me. It was quite cool to compare the aridity of Spain from above to England.
Picked up from the airport, we made the long drive back to Stoke on Trent to relax. It was a long car drive, but it was awesome to be picked up! Joy and her boyfriend had offered to have me stay and come get me from the airport etc which was so much less stressful than finding a bus with my massive backpack on. Upon arriving we did a quick supermarket trip (everyone spoke English! It was crazy! I could actually understand passerby's conversations!) and we made a delicious pizza for dinner. Their kitchen is lovely, and since Joy and I both love baking and cooking, I think we will be doing a lot of it this week!

Relaxing with a glass of wine and  enjoying each others company after the year of not seeing each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment