Friday, August 8, 2014

Rome again!

Although we had planned to leave early the next day for pompeii,  we decided to stay just one more day in Rome. There's so much to do it's ridiculous.  I also didn't realize how much I loved Rome until I left.

We decided to make an excursion to the baths of Caracalla which were awe inspiring. 




 I just kept thinking about excavating those moasaic floors and how amazing it must have been. No individual random tessera!





The walls were also just so large it gave you such a sense of scale. Apparently they put on ballets and operas with the back-drop of the ruins, which must be amazing. 


After the a whole morning spent wandering we decided piazza Navona, Grom and the river seemed like the thing to do.

We started of wandering by the Irish pub to try some different beers and escape from the heat. From there we wandered to the Piazza to admire the fountains and get Grom.

Lemon was the best I've ever tried, but Coffee and Vanilla were also fantastic (No I didn't get three flavors) ha ha.

We then made our way home via the river which made for a pleasant walk back. I ended up buying some dresses from the markets on the way which was awesome.

We finished our day off by watching a Michael Jackson impersonator moonwalk across a piazza we came across. He was actually quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment