Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekend in Rome

Although I had a lot planned for this weekend I barely managed to do anything because I came down with a cough and cold yesterday.  So that hasn't been fun at all and I'm still feeling really awful today.

On Friday night I had a lovely homemade entree with my flatmates, who knew bread mozzarella basil and cherry tomatoes could taste so good!


Amelia and I then went out for a late dinner at the little piazza in Trastevere,  I had lovely bread mozzarella mushroom olive oil goodness and we had an awesome view of the piazza.




















On Saturday we wandered Rome for a while which was nice as we were able to take in the scenic streets. Anywhere there were vines or mopeds looked pretty fantastic in my opinion.


The main thing we actually managed to see was the pantheon which was fantastic to say the least. 




















Outside was a little square with a fountain and an Obelisk which was also very picturesque. With the Obelisks and the people dressed as Roman soldiers wandering around I felt like Asterix and Obelix would come running out beating up the Romans at any minute. 


We saw the Vatican and Castel Sant' Angelo from the outside but I was feeling too crappy by then for the line and walking more so they will have to be another day!




















Today is storming and raining so doubt I will do much except try to recover . 

No comments:

Post a Comment