Monday, July 28, 2014

Irish pubs and grom

Saturday after a late night at the Vatican was fairly relaxed. We wandered back to the piazza Navona which although far less impressive during the day was still very pretty.
The obelisk in the center being one of my favorite things,  although I was unsure if it was one stolen from Egypt or a roman copy.


The 'wedding cake' building in piazza Venezia was also very pretty.

We also saw Trajans Column but it wasn't too exciting to stare at especially due to all the construction and scaffolding around it.

By this point feeling extremely hot and tired we popped into an Irish pub for a cooling drink.  
The scholars lounge was actually an extremely awesome pub with dark wooden surrounds and live Irish fiddle music being played. 

Also Hoegaarden was on tap which I found wildly exciting. German beer was also enjoyable. My favorite moment however was when I discovered they came in pints. 'They come in pints!? I'm getting one' I tried in my best Pippin voice and this became my favorite line for the day.




















Afterwards we finally discovered Grom just of the piazza Navona. The egg cream (odd as it sounds) was extremely super good. (Yannick and Necia be jealous!! Hehe)


1 comment:

  1. I be jealous! How I miss that egg cream...
    ...and you. *cry*

    ReplyDelete