Monday, July 28, 2014

Last day

The last day of dig was a strange affair.  It felt all very surreal that it was going to be over, it felt like we had been doing it (and would always been doing it) forever, and yet at the same time it was like no time had passed at all.

I spent the morning washing pottery and bone from our own SU the day before which I enjoyed.  We then had our final trench tour where all the progress we had made on site, what was found and future implications were talked about. Although some of it was very interesting the director had a propensity to over-talk and the weather was extremely hot which made things difficult.  

We then went and took silly photos in trench which was great fun.


Team Work!





Waltzing on the mosaic floor


Our Dig team photo


The highlight was when we went to area D  for the tour and the students working there introduced us to the bone monster dance.



We then had an amazing lunch of lasagne and meats and bread and all sorts of yummy things. 

Our Area F Photo


It was a great last day and made me realize how much I will miss everyone. Joe, Nicole, Buck, Liz and Amelia, you guys especially were awesome and I hope we catch up again soon.


I think another dig is on the books for me, but not a field school, not such a large group of people,  and next time in Greece. I've learnt a lot, made some new friends, and although the experience wasn't what I expected (In many ways a disappointment) I am still glad I did it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment