Sunday, March 20, 2016

Birthday celebrations and Evil Swans

Just to be somewhat self-obsessed, I'm going to talk about my birthday some more, mainly because it was lots of fun. My close friends in class took me out to a local Italian restaurant for lunch on the day of my birthday, and we all enjoyed pizza and Moscato d'Asti which is a sparkling Italian white wine my friend Emily introduced me to and we all got somewhat addicted to!
We failed somewhat with our basic French and all felt like fools, but we managed to get the general message across and I even asked for the bill correctly! It's the small victories. 
That evening my flatmates made me broccoli cheese soup (which is a lot nicer and a lot less healthy than it sounds) which was then poured into crusty bread leaving you a deliciously flavored bread by the end. 
That weekend I had a small party at my flat and even made a Pavlova for my birthday! My international friends were intrigued by such a cake, and happily all fell in love with it. I can safely say I made more Pavlovas in my five months in Annecy than I ever have in my entire life.
Keeping to the food theme, I tried my hand at overnight cinnamon rolls which were in my opinion, rather a success. 
As the weather turned colder we took to wrapping up warmer and still braving the walk along the lake as it was so beautiful. Although the swans added to the picture, we kept well away knowing their evil tendencies. 
Autumn at its best. I can truly say Annecy is one of my favourite places in France. 

No comments:

Post a Comment