Monday, October 27, 2014

The Alps

My next destination was the french Alps, and a little village called Martinville. Here I am trying out an au pair job with two children, a little girl who is six, and a little boy who is two. 

They are very full on, she is a lovely little girl although very headstrong, and the boy is a lot to handle. The location is pretty cool so I am still working out how long I will stay and if it will work out.

My little Kitchen 

My Bed and Fireplace

The view out my window

The little village and the mountains in the distance

The Village

I went for a little explore of the village, it is very pretty and the occupants friendly, although they don't speak a word of English. It is a very small village, a collection of houses and a church, no shops. Down the mountain there is a larger village where the children go to school, it has a small supermarket, a post shop, a bank and a few other essential places including a cafe. With no car as yet I haven't had the chance to explore the place, but at least there are some shops somewhat nearby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment