Thursday, October 2, 2014

Saint Pierre le moutier

My home for the next week was a beautiful old building from the outside (though very run down, lacking commodities and bug infested from the inside).

The upper floor of this building is entirely rotten and unable to be walked upon. This is opposite the house we are living on and is uninhabitable at the moment. It is also very old.

Elise, the little daughter of my current hosts being shamelessly used as a size measure against the ridiculously huge courgette we pulled out of the vegetable patch today. Very cute! She turns one on Friday.


Small parts of their huge and wild garden property which we are slowly cleaning up. Today I became intimately aquatinted with stinging nettles and bramble bushes (which produce the most delicious berries) both me and my fellow polish workawayer (who speaks excellent English) have the war wounds all up our hands and arms to prove our hard work today. 

This afternoon we all went for a walk to find the river which was actually quite far, the day before I had reacquainted myself with the bicycle and we had gone on a wander with those which was great fun.

The river!

The sun was setting as we made our way home.

After dinner and a game of dominoes, it's off to bed ready to cut down some trees in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment