Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Weekend in the Alps

On Friday, the family's sisters au-pair Georgia invited me out for a drink in Courchevel, which sounded like a great plan so off we went. It was all very spontaneous and late at night, so I left a note and then we headed up the mountain.

It was too early in the season for much nightlife but the locals were cool, many of the bar workers were english, and Georgia knew them from the year before, therefore we spent a nice evening over beers and pizza.

We then drove further up the mountain to see the snow, lit up by ever changing colored lights, it looked beautiful. We were also the only people around which made running around like idiots playing in the snow even more fun.

It would have been the perfect end to the night except for upon being dropped back around midnight I made the fun realization that I was locked out. Luckily Georgia saved the day and I spent the night sleeping on her floor before getting up at half six in the morning so she could take me back before she started work. The only problem of course was it was so early I was still locked out, which resulted in very brisk walking for forty minutes around the village trying not to freeze to death. At least I took some pretty photos.


I knew I'd be able to laugh about it later (which I am now doing) but at the time it felt ridiculous wandering like a mad woman around a tiny alpine village at dawn, locked out of the house with snow all around. But as the saying goes, all's well that ends well!

No comments:

Post a Comment