Thursday, November 20, 2014

Montpellier

Over the next few days I finally made my way around Montpellier, as Colette only lives a twenty minute walk (at most) from the centre, I meandered my way there every morning, losing myself in the little alleyways and shamelessly window-shopping 

This part of the park above Jean Marc's house is super cool, it was once a central point for the medieval viaduct. 


Montpellier's arc de triomphe

The architecture in central Montpellier is very cool and just what one would expect.

I spent many hours taking in the sites and enjoying the much romanticized architecture.


Place  de la Comedie is pretty much the main square of Montpellier and is full of shops and restaurants. It is always bustling and good fun to be in as long as one is able to avoid the pushy people who wander the square trying to get you to sign petitions or donate money.

The Opera house -featured to the right of this photo, is the main building in the square and aside from the fountain draws the most attention. Overall I had great fun wandering the old streets of Montpellier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment