Sunday, November 16, 2014

Train Journey and the Beach

The train to Montpellier was a very pretty journey, although long it was quite relaxing, and the view from the windows were great.

Leaving the mountains behind me

This made me think of Heidi 

After a long day of changing buses and trains I finally made it to Montpellier. My Uncle's friend Colette was there to pick me up, and she has been lovely to me ever since. Even if our main source of communication is hand gesturing and diving for the English/french dictionary. 

It was too late the first day of arrival to go exploring the city, and the next morning my uncle took me to the nearby beach. It was nice smelling the salt in the air and hearing the waves, I hadn't realized how long it had been since i'd been to the beach, but I've missed it. 

It was an extremely wild and windy day, the sand blowing in my face and the waves spraying my skin. I had to squint constantly. There were many surfers and kite surfers on the waves which looked like awesome fun and made me wish I had my own board with me. The waves weren't huge but they were steady, clean and breaking far from the shore.

After the refreshing beach walk we stopped at a cafe for coffee, although rather different from what I am used to, I do very much enjoy the typical french coffee. Even if I do dump entirely too much sugar into them.

We ended the day walking over to Jean-Marc's (my uncles) house, which was a nice short and scenic walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment