Thursday, January 8, 2015

Oxford

I left London with mixed feelings, I loved my time there and was sad to leave, but even more so to say goodbye to Tash was really hard. We had such a brilliant time but it was off to Oxford for me to look for a job and go to the one job interview I had secured. 

I did in fact get the job instantly at the coffee shop I had an interview for, which was a nice confidence boost if not the kind of job I was after. So I worked there for a bit and enjoyed the town when I had time. My first proper sight in Oxford was this awesome tower and beautiful old houses.


This amazing old Church was just casually stuck in the middle of the busy city, opposite the local Tesco's I went to.

The most talked about place to go was Christ College so off I went. It was unfortunately closed due to the proximity to Christmas which was such a shame as from what I had seen of photos the inside was phenomenal. I made do with wandering the outside and not seeing the Great Hall used in Harry Potter. 

It was easy to see where brilliant writers like J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis got their inspiration from. Imaging studying and working within these beautiful buildings!


Christ College from the front

The History department for Oxford University


It was a long but lovely day filled with many amazing buildings. As the sun set I made my way back to my hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment