Sunday, January 25, 2015

Boxing Day

The next day almost everything was once again closed, so as there was no chance of going to any museums, I spent the day wandering again, in new and different parts of the city. I passed a cute looking pub with a rather cool name near to my hostel, and although I never went inside, I enjoyed looking at it.

Early in the morning when I left the hostel it was bitterly cold, there was no snow, but a thick layer of ice lay everywhere.

To get to the main part of town required crossing over the bridge which showcased some beautiful architecture of the city. Unfortunately below the bridge was no scenic river as I had hoped, but an ugly tangle of industrial wires and metal - the train station.

It felt like I had barely any time to do anything before the sun was already hanging low in the sky, bringing with it even colder temperatures. I enjoyed wandering past many churches and beautiful buildings however.

 My last visit for the day before the sun as gone was this castle, to which the road Princes Street leads to, rising steeply through the city until it reaches this pinnacle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment