Monday, February 7, 2022

January - Making the Most of Summer

January 2020

One of the main reasons we had timed our trip back to NZ as we had was because some close high school friends had invited us to their wedding! We flew down to Palmerston North where they had moved for uni and never left, and prepared for a wonderful few days. 

I had my makeup done professionally for the first time which looked great, but also felt like my hair had turned into a solid crunchy mass, and I was a mannequin (or an especially smiley crocodile, I couldn't decide). It was certainly fun for the occasion though, and was extra special as I was a bridesmaid and Ben was a groomsman. 

Seeing our friends get married was really special (it was also the first wedding I had ever been to!) We felt super lucky to be there.

The evening ended with dancing and the sprinklers turning on unexpectedly in the gardens. There's always something!

From Palmerston North we took a bus the rest of the way down to Wellington, to visit more family. We were already halfway there so why waste the opportunity!? It was just as awesome as usual to catch up with everyone, and we had loads of fun cooking, wandering Wellington, experiencing a VR headset for the first time (wild and uncoordinated swinging everywhere) and eating excellent takeaway pizza. 

We took a day trip out to Martinborough all together, and visited a number of wineries, which I would highly recommend for a day out. Although I soon learned from one winery that 'natural' wines, weren't to my taste. The winery made up for it by being very photogenic however.

I would also highly recommend seeing the Great War Exhibition (although I believe its now sadly gone) as it was genuinely one of the best Museum exhibitions I've ever been to. Unlike many other exhibitions on the war that I've seen, this wasn't dry or long worded. It was brought to life, and it was incredible, and moving, and so worth going to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment