Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Goodbye Annecy

And suddenly it was that time again, and I was moving on. I learned so much, and made so many good friends and memories, it was easily one of the best experiences I had in Europe.
 In the week leading up to my departure, I made sure to catch up with all my friends and flatmates one last time.
My good friends from class insisted on coming over and making me traditional Colombian food for lunch on my last weekend - something I very much enjoyed!
They also brought with them a bought raspberry tart of epic proportions (and yes we did all have seconds) and it tasted even better than it looks!
On my last night I went out with my flatmates to a fancy restaurant we had been wanting to try for ages. We shared a fondue and it was to die for. I certainly took advantage of the specialties of the region (I'm looking at you Raclette and Fondue) and would love to go back one to enjoy them all again. 

My last full day it was raining, making my farewell walk of Annecy a rather wet one, but it still managed to look beautiful. 
It even snowed in the evening giving me a beautiful last image of the town, the mountains freshly coated. 
And then I was off, getting the 6am train the next day, headed for a work-away for an unknown period of time. Exhausted from the early start, I dozed for a while, and when I woke it was to a whole new world, snow was falling and the landscape had turned completely white. We hurtled our way past misty mountains and snowy fields, laden white branches and alabaster roofs. I felt as if I was on the Trans-Siberian train, passing through the depths Mongolia. Musings aside, as we approached Toulouse and I readied myself for the transfer and short trip to the village of Saint-Sulpice-la-Pointe, I realized my new adventure was about to begin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment